This article teaches you how to find the Internet address for an online picture or video. The easiest and most-common way to do this is by using a Google search, though you can find the URL for pictures and videos in most search engines. If you want to assign a URL to a picture from your computer, you can upload the picture to sites like Imgur or Kapwing and copy the URL from there.
From the Internet
- Search on any browser. It can be in such as images.google.com or Unsplash.com, and look for the image you want to find.
- Right-click the image.
- Detect the browser you're using. Depending on what system you’re using, select the image URL by clicking one of these:
- Copy the image's URL. You'll click one of the following options in the drop-down menu depending on your browser:
- Chrome - Click Copy image address
- Firefox - Click Copy Image Location
- Microsoft Edge - Click Copy link
- Internet Explorer - Click Properties, select the URL to the right of the "Address" heading, and press Ctrl+C.
- Safari - Click Copy image address
From your own Media Library
If you want to assign a URL to a file from your computer, you can upload it to any file-hosting site (such as Imgur) and then copy its link. Imgur is the most common example.
- Open Imgur. Go to https://imgur.com/ in your computer's web browser. This will open Imgur's home page.
- Click New post. It's a green button at the top of the home page. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Select an image from your computer. You can either drop the image or go to the location of the image that you want to upload, then click the image to select it.
- Click Copy Link. This grey button is to the right of the image's URL in the upper-right side of the page. Doing this will copy the image's URL to your computer's clipboard.
- Verify the Link. By opening the URL in a new tab. If it opens a Imgur page just repeat the steps from getting an Image URL from the internet by right-clicking it and copying the image address.
From the Internet
- Do a search on any browser. It can be in such as Pexels for the video you want to find.
- Right-click on the video. Right there on the feed.
- Copy the videos's URL. You'll click on the following option in the drop-down menu: Copy Video Adress.
So that's it: CONGRATULATIONS! You're ready to get any URL you want! Just copy and paste - and have fun playing with the editor and changing the customizable items 😉
If you need any extra help please don't hesitate to contact our amazing team at firstname.lastname@example.org , we'll be happy to advise!